Pages

September 14, 2006

Here Comes the Rain Again

We're going to be at a concert tonight, so I'm doing a midday post.

Well, I think the fall weather has officially arrived. It started pouring last night and has been raining ever since - my silly coastal kids were so happy that they were running around outside in their pajamas and raincoats while I was frantically gathering up the onions and laundry.

So what to do when you're trapped inside? Catch up on the canning that you haven't been doing! I made and canned a batch of salsa with the ripe tomatoes I picked this morning. It was my first ever attempt at canned salsa, and while I altered the recipe quite a bit to suit my taste, I'm still not sure it's exactly right. I guess I'll have to wait and see how it is with chips.

I canned the rest of the tomatoes too, but I only ended up with 3 quarts. There are lots more out there that are getting close though, so I guess I'll be canning some more in the coming days.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am a grandmother in Kansas City Mo that stumbled onto your blog while looking for a banna bread recipe. Age makes no difference..we are a kindered spirit. Hope you keep publishing.
Elaine

Cheryl said...

Hi Elaine,
Thanks so much for stopping by, it's always nice to meet someone with similar interests!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails