Pages

May 23, 2012

I'll Show You Mine If You Show Me Yours

I posted a silly link on my Facebook page yesterday (the "naughtiest vegetables on earth"), and thought it would be fun to see if others had any strange or unusual things to share.  So, here's the deal: I'll post the weirdest things that have come out of my garden, and in exchange, I'm hoping you'll be willing to share a photo (or description) of some oddity of yours. Do you have a parsnip with a dirty mind? A spud that looks like your great aunt Norma? A beet as big as your head? I'd love to hear about it! Either add a link to your blog post on the subject in the comments here, link to your picture on Flickr, or post directly onto my Facebook page

I posted a photo of this "buttato" a few years ago, but it's so adorable that it's worth a second glance.


This dirty carrot appeared in my garden in 2010. As my daughter said, it makes you wonder what those carrots are getting up to when no one's looking! Unfortunately, we didn't end up with a bumper crop of baby carrots as a result of the extra appendage.


I've held up my end of the bargain, now it's your turn. Don't have anything at the moment? Feel free to pop back and share anything that rears its ugly head over the course of the summer.

2 comments:

Annie said...

Awesome! This post had me laughing. I've yet to pull anything so interesting from my garden!

Cheryl said...

Hi Annie! I know it's juvenile, but I find these deformities completely hysterical. A reader posted a cute photo of a very ladylike carrot (complete with face) on my Facebook page if you're interested. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails