Pages

January 02, 2013

Project 365 ~ A Photo A Day

Happy New Year!

I won't bother apologizing for yet another extended absence, you know how it goes.

I've been toying with the idea of shutting this space down for a while now, but I think I may have figured out a reprieve. I was inspired recently by the idea of taking part in a 365 Challenge (or Project 365, whatever you choose to call it), during which one takes a photo every day for a full year. We have a friend who is 2/3 of the way through a "Year of Rides"; he's riding his bike every day, and documenting it with fun and amazing photographs. Since I'm always snapping photos, and this year has a few major milestones in store, I was pretty keen to give it a try. Then, my sweet husband surprised me with a spiffy new camera for Christmas. How could I not? 

Some photos will be pure documentation, and others will be attempts at figuring out what my camera can do. I won't be sharing all of them, for various reasons (yesterday's was a fun shot of my kids and their friends in the early hours on New Year's day), but I will post the majority of them here. 

So, here goes nothing:


2/365

4 comments:

Alyse said...

I look forward to it. :-)


Curious if you ever read that book by Julie Powell: Cleaving.

Cheryl said...

Hi Alyse!
Yes, I did read it. I found the part about her becoming a butcher quite interesting, but the relationship stuff was harsh. Not that it wasn't worth reading, but I'm sure it came as a bit of a surprise to anyone looking for a simple follow-up to Julie & Julia!

Staci at Life At Cobble Hill Farm said...

I did a "photo a day" a couple of years ago. It became difficult at times but was a wonderful challenge and I have since taken more "ordinary" photos, which I love. :)

Cheryl said...

Hi Staci!
Yes, I can see it being difficult at times, but I'm hoping it will be a good reminder of the beauty in daily life. I do intend to have lots of ordinary snapshots (some with my cellphone), but I haven't shared those yet, as they've both involved my kids. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails